I’m trying to install the latest version of Pocket-Kali (20171226-1), and want to encrypt the HDD.
“There are two ways to install:
1. The comfortable way with proper screen orientation but no encryption support
– select “Kali Live” and boot into desktop
– in Kali, run GParted and unmount the primary partition
– run the debian-installer
2. The 90 degree way – use this if you want to install kali in an encryption volume
– select “Install”
– tilt your head 90 degrees”.
I.e. my choice is 2. But when installation starts it doesn’t find any Wi-Fi or eth0. I get the error “brcm/brcmfmac436-pcie.bin” is missing for the Wi-Fi. I can install Kali with choice 1, but then the HDD doesn’t get encrypted.
Don’t know. I ended the installation when the error “brcm/brcmfmac436-pcie.bin” is missing for the WiFi popped up. Sorry. Went for the first way of installation, i.e. booting into Kali and unmounted the primary partition.